…Was That a Demon?

…Was That a Demon?

I will just share this story without making any determinations as to whether it was a demon. You decide. It was one of the crazier experiences that I have had (so far) for sure.

Iraq, 2004. At TQ (Al Taqaddum). I was in Marine Wing Communication Squadron 38, but my unit loaned me to Marine Wing Communication Squadron 28 for the deployment. I am not a very large statured man. I am 5’4″ tall. I weigh almost 120 pounds. Keep this in mind.

It was chow time. Everyone in my tent was gone except me and the guy on the opposite corner of the tent. I look over and the dude starts foaming at the mouth. Like big foam – like he was spitting up a bubble bath. And then blood starts coming out of his mouth (just a little blood.) He did not appear to mentally be present. I ran to him.

I grab this guy from behind to perform the Heimlich maneuver. Why? I assume he must be choking. I have never seen someone choke so I thought that is what was happening. I tried the maneuver once or twice and then this dude falls down backwards on me. He is a BIG guy, at least compared to me. He is probably 80 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller. I am pinned down and I have to use my jiu jitsu to get him to my side. But he is still foaming. In my mind, this man is dying right here before my very eyes. IN MY ARMS. And he is a brother in arms. I was not prepared for what happened next. I did the impossible.

Long Distance Phone Call

As I lay there holding this man that I was convinced was dying in my arms, I realized I was not going to be able to save him. I needed something else. I needed a miracle.

I yelled at the top of my lungs. I yelled GOD!! But it was like when you yell at someone across the house during an emergency – they are there in the house, and you expect them to come running. I literally felt myself reach all the way up to Heaven and ‘summon’ God, for lack of better terms. It was like I had made a long distance call and pulled God straight to where I was. I believed He would help me out. AND HE DID.

Instantly this dude’s necklace went flying off his neck across the room. Then  almost immediately, the foam disappeared – and so did the blood. And the man came to. I grabbed the dude’s necklace and I noticed it was some saint necklace, like one’s that I remembered seeing a lot in the Catholic Church growing up. I thought it odd that it was right after that necklace came off that the man seemed to get healed. I was wondering if perhaps the necklace was some cursed object, or perhaps because he worshipped an idol, that maybe he had a demon…

I cannot say what happened to that man that day. Those were unusual events. But Father God was there for me. He helped me save that man’s life.

Leave a Reply